The official statement made available to the press expresses Samsung’s commitment to a more secure and convenient online payment experience. “Samsung Pay’s simple, secure checkout experience using fingerprint authentication gives users a more streamlined online shopping experience, eliminating the lengthy process of adding their payment card data, billing or shipping details each time they shop”, said the website.
For now, the technology is only compatible with cards from select financial institutions, as well as the following Samsung devices [Galaxy S8 (recently announced), Galaxy S7, Galaxy S7 edge, Galaxy S7 active, Galaxy S6, Galaxy S6 edge, Galaxy S6 edge+, Galaxy S6 active, Galaxy Note5].
To set up Samsung Pay for the first time, users need to follow the steps below:
- Launch the Samsung Pay app
- Scan your Visa card with your phone’s camera
- Verify your identity based on your bank’s policy
- Secure your account with PIN or fingerprint authentication, and the authorisation code
To pay at merchant locations;
- Verify your fingerprint
- Hover your phone over the reader
- Phone vibrates to confirm payment